Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do any violinists have any recomendations they could make for me?

I've been playing violin for around 11 years and was wondering if anyone had any pieces that they've really enjoyed playing and would recomend. I'm mostly looking for solo pieces.



A little about what I've played. My teacher wasn't a suzuki teacher, but we did play a lot of the music from the suzuki books, so I've basically covered all of the first seven books. Recently, i've worked up the three movements of the bach double violin concerto and Concerto No. 1 by J.B. Accolay. I really enjoyed both of those, and was wondering what pieces others have enjoyed.



Also, does anyone know of any good irish fiddle collections?



Do any violinists have any recomendations they could make for me?imax theater



After Accolay and the Bach double, I would recommend any of the following:



Mozart: Concerto 2 or Concerto No. 3



Beethoven: Romance in F major Op 50



Vivaldi: Any of the four seasons



Bach: Concerto No 2 in E major or concerto No. 1 in A minor



Haydn: Concerto in G major



For unaccompanied Bach (aka. The Six Sonatas and Partitas) do the Partita in E-Major, BWV 1006 or the Partita in D-minor (without Ciaconna) BWV 1004. These are around your level.



My personal preference from the above list would be to pick your favorite Mozart out of either No. 2 or No.3. Then, I would do the Beethoven romance, and some unaccompanied Bach, which you will adore!



If you have any other questions, add them to the details, and I'll be glad to assist.



**Get the Galamian/International edition of the Sonatas and Partitas of Bach.



**Sorry, I'm classically trained, so I'm not at all familiar with Celtic fiddling.



Do any violinists have any recomendations they could make for me?classical music opera theater



it depends on what you have alrealdy played.



i like mozart, and chruch music, i don't care for any other music now in days. (bad words, really wired tunes, junck, ext, ext, ext.)



now i dont know if you have played any mozart, but i'm sure you have.



http://www.celticmusic.com/cgi-bin/tunes...



http://www.oldmusicproject.com/oneils1.h...



http://www.theviolinsite.com/violin_musi...



http://www.free-sheet-music.us/violin_sh...



hope this helps! good luck.
Ive played La Folia, and it is a very good peice...u might of played it though...its from suzuki book 6.
i love the solo "gavotte from mignon
Symphonie Espagnole



by Lalo



just type in Symphonie Espagnole on youtube
In terms of solo pieces, the Bach Solo Sonatas and Partitas are a must of any violinists repertoire, but they're also very advanced and given what you've played I think it's still a little early. Definitely keep it in mind, though.



Bach's Violin Concertos are very nice, I particularly like the E Major, I think it's No. 3.



I think you should also look into the Bartok Roumanian Folk Dances, some are harder than others but they're very fun to play. I particularly like the first and last ones (the last one would be great since you're interested in fiddling, even if it isn't Celtic.)



Good luck!
Polonaise Brillante by H. Wieniawski op.4



Concerto I and III by D. Kablalevsky op. 48



and many pieces by J. S. Bach
I love violin!



The butterfly lovers violin concerto is a great piece, I love playing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update