Saturday, December 5, 2009

Velvet Underground song?

Hi guys.



Anyway, it's supposed to be a rare track, but I'm not sure what album it's off of, and I'm not entirely sure what the lyrics are, but my dad says it's "Slip Away". I'm not entirely sure, but it starts off with the violin going something like, "dundun-da-dun-dun-dundun-da-dun-dun-dun...



something like that. Lou talks throughout the whole song with the violin in the background, I think. Help!!



Velvet Underground song?symphony



Lady Godiva? It is a long track. I can't think of the album, not even sure it's Lady Godiva. It might be Venus in Furs off the first album



Velvet Underground song?performing arts center opera theater



I love you. A teenager who not only doesn't listen to MCR or Bon Jovi, but does listen to the Velvet Underground. That really is rad. Sorry, i have no idea what the song is, but still, you made my day.



PS. you didn't actually make my day. I'm not that lame. But still, your question gave me hope that good music will live on.
Save your school! you are awesome dude! a middle schooler who gets off on lou reed. Stay sharp young man!



FYI Cale played the Viola, not violin. BUT you say Violin, perhaps we are not thinking on the same page.



Some have suggested to you already that what you search for may be a Lou Reed Solo. If that is the case it cuts down the odds of easily finding your song since Lou has about 30 albums and apparently writes songs in his sleep.



There is a song from White Light White heat, called "The Gift". That song is entirely spoken word, but it aint lou reed, and its mostly guitar in the backround. Check it out though, youd like it.



More info would certainly help, but i am guessing you dont have access to the song. What did the production sound like? Are we talking elenor rigby type strings (ie clean and clear production) or are we talking about a screaching electric viola?



The viola is prominent on Black Angel's Death Song, and this could very well be your song. However it appears on their most famous album so I wouldnt call it rare. BUT If I had to choose your song, this would be it.



Sadly, John Cale, along with his droning and screeching viola play, left the band after just their second LP. Some have mentioned the song Slip Away. This track appears on 1990 release that reunited Cale and Reed, its a concept album about Warhol called Songs For Drella. It's a good album. Slip Away doesnt fit your description, but there is another spoken word piece on that album called "A Dream" not sure if its got viola or violin or not.



Black Angle Death Song? no?



The Gift? no?



A Dream? no?



None of those?



I suggest you go to a local library and see if they have any velvet underground (VU and nico would be a nice place to start, although their second album is my favorite). I live in a small community and was rather supprised that thier 6 CD Box Set peel slowly and see was available for check out at my small local library.



All Music.com is also a good starting point to find out more about the bands you love. Search through the first two VU albums and then make your way through Lou Reeds own stuff. Still cant find it, move onto john cales solo work. you're doin good kid, your doin alright.
Wow you're a middle schooler and you listen to The Velvet Underground? I am truly impressed.



That song you're thinking of is part of Lou Reed's solo stuff. It is called Slip Away (A Warning). I'm not sure what album it's on though, because after VU he put out so many solo albums.
I love Velvet Underground, but am not sure. Sorry you. Try going to you tube and listening to the songs. Hard to tell from your description. Good luck. Glad you like Lou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update