Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do i contact people that are answering my questions? (but dont have IM or emailaddress)?

I have seen similar questions here at Answers. But none of the answers gave me a good answer. Some days ago i submitted a question. Someone answered, with at the end a question for me. I tried to figure out how to answer this person. By clicking on the profile or picture you are directed to their profile. But most of us wont give their IM or emailaddress (i wont blame them, im not doing it myself. dont wanna be spammed) and at the 360 profile i also could not find where i should contact her. So i have answered her personal questions by clicking on her question about a greek violin. Finally i have answered her question, but now my answer is under her question about a greek violin. And i dont think that this is they way it should be. Than peeps will receive all kinds of answers with 'hey how are you'.



How do i contact people that are answering my questions? (but dont have IM or emailaddress)?amc theater



Unless the person wants to be contacted you won't be able to contact them. This what chat rooms are for.



How do i contact people that are answering my questions? (but dont have IM or emailaddress)?concerts opera theater



Well, the "hey how are you"-answers come under the "chatting"-category which isn't really allowed here, that's what all the other places (chat, 360, Groups, etc.) are for... But you can be reachable without making your e-mail address public, just check the "hide e-mail address"-option... Yahoo will send you an e-mail saying that someone sent you a message and then you can reply to that again without making your address public...



Now, since you're unreachable I'll have to answer your other question here... I understand that you can't give us any details about the project itself, but if you want input on a marketingplan you're going to have to share a little bit more than you did if you want any serious replies... That's why I said start a 360 page (which is also possible without making your e-mail public)... And turn on your messaging!



----------------



in response to your Additional Details;



For that you can you use the "comments box" that comes up after a best answer has been chosen... But people might not go back to check and if they don't have any contact info or 360 page or im then you really can't do anything but go against the rules and post in another question if you HAVE to contact them... But it's against the rules I think, not sure, it's not my job or anything...
You really can not contact someone who does not have the option available. If you want and they allow it, you can post a comment on their 360 site asking them to contact you. But if they have all contact links shut down, just respect that and let it go.
On the toolbar, under your question, you can click on the pencil--choose 'add details', and write that person a message. It will appear under your question.



I have seen some answerers/askers post questions directly to a Y! Answers user (I even did it myself, once--because their email was disabled). However, as the Community Guidelines seem to change so often, I would check them thoroughly before doing this. They might even consider it 'chatting' - which is a violation.



Try just adding details under your question, and hope that the answerer comes back to see it. Good luck with that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update