Thursday, December 10, 2009

Should I sell or should I keep my instruments?

Should I sell my violin and guitar?



I used to play all my instruments nearly every day. I play 7 instruments and lately I just don't have the time to play them or take care of them. It's not that I don't have the time to play, when I have the time to play I just never want to play. I'd rather listen to music or just lay down and take a breather. I'll never sell my piano--even though I don't play it like I used to, I just love having that one around. I already sold my clarinet--at first I could have cared less and was all "yay I got $700!" Now I miss my clarinet and wish I never would have sold it. (Then again, I played it for 10 years so of course I'd miss it. Like the piano, I've played it now for 17 years.)



I want to sell my guitar and violin. But I'm not sure if I should. I've only had my violin for just about a year now and the guitar for 2. As much as I want to learn to play them I just can't find the time. I don't want them to sit around and collect dust.



Should I sell or should I keep my instruments?binoculars



Keep them. You will regret it later.



I was a music major in college. After graduating I wanted nothing to do with music and I put my clarinet away! After 4-5 years of not playing I thought it would be fun to play in a community group and played in a couple. I would have regretted selling it. You'll never know where you will be a few years from now.



Also, each instrument is an individual and cannot be replaced. I love playing on my clarinet and have a hard time playing other clarinets because of those differences.



Should I sell or should I keep my instruments?violin opera theater



I'd say hang on to them. Even if you don't play them that often, you've already absorbed the cost of buying them. Playing from time to time is better than getting the immediate cash but then just spending it on something else. At least right now you have something tangible to show for your hard earned cash.
believe me,nobody can tell you but yourself
You should not sell them, I would keep them and see if you have any family members that would like to learn to play these. If that's not the idea you had, sell the guitar, what kind of guitar is it? Maybe I'd like to buy it. I still would sell the violin, it's good money. Put it into guitar lessons.



Peter

1 comment:

  1. Hi if you like to sell your violin, sell it to me, If you miss it , i'll sell it back to you for the same price. I would like to try violin.. i live in soong, 0933600173 is my number and my name is rick

    ReplyDelete

 
live update