Saturday, December 5, 2009

When should i start vibrato?

its one year that i play violin an im (L violin 2) is it time for me to start vibrato?



When should i start vibrato?greek theater



I have been learning for about three years and I am only now starting to learn vibrato. I suggest that you start learning now ; I left it for far too long.



Once you attempt vibrato you will discover many things about how to hold the violin that were not obvious before.



Have a look at "violinmasterclass.com" for some useful hints.



When should i start vibrato?performing arts show opera theater



YES you should!!!



ive been playing for 5 years and none of my teachers felt it important to show me.



and now i cant keep up with the class!



definitely start practicing now. but find out if you should be doing wrist or arm vibrato
Definately when you feel ready. Why not give it a try and see how you do?
well, if you play at school, your teacher will slowly start teaching you or if you take private violin lessons, you could mention that to him/her and they'll show you the first step.



but in my opinion, you're not ready for vibrato quite yet. i'd wait about another year at least. just get your basic technique down with just normal playing. i played for about 2 or 3 years before i even started getting into vibrato. patience, believe me once you start learning it, you'll keep trying to perfect it for years afterwards.



but like i said, wait at least another year before you start. hope i could help!!
The sooner the better!
it depends actually. the Suzuki books don't introduce vibrato until the middle of book 4. but you have to take into account that the Suzuki books were designed for toddlers. so...



what i think though is that it's not a question of experience or age.



what you should make sure of is that you are able to hold the violin without supporting it with your left hand. unless you learn this, you'd probably have a hard time practicing vibrato.



i was introduced to vibrato within 2 months of learning the violin. I'm no protegee though. i just happen to be very comfortable with holding my violin that my left hand does not support any weight at all. (also I'm a late starter and my first teacher was just too eager to boot) but i didn't get an acceptable enough vibrato until after months of practicing it.



so my advice is if ...



(1) you're already comfortable wit the way you hold your violin and



(2) your teacher is willing enough to teach you



then go on ahead.
now you should start now since you know you need it
You should learn vibrato when you are able to hold your violin securely and when there is no intonation problem with you. You can learn vibrato when you are about to reach grade 3 or 4.
If you feel comfortable with it, then you should start. If not, wait a little while.
NNNOOO.Just 1 year?????How???



no.for sure not..I'm playing violin for 4,5 years and now I'm learning how to vibrato...U CAN NOT MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update