Saturday, December 5, 2009

How hard is it to learn a new instrument?

like the drums, piano, or guitar? i have played violin for 6 years when i was younger but now i want to try something new that i would be good at. which of the three would be easiest for me being a violin player and all. thanks :)



How hard is it to learn a new instrument?binoculars



Guitar would probably be easiest for you, since they are both stringed instruments. I'd say Piano would be the next hardest, and drums the hardest for you to learn, but only because it is an entirely different skill to play the drums. But pick the one you'd practice the most - that's the one you will learn the best. Good Luck. HTH



How hard is it to learn a new instrument?violin opera theater



If you know music theory from your violin, you can do any of them. Guitar is chord related, so lots of theory is helpful, like structure of chords. Piano will be fairly easy for you because you can read music, right?! Drums, only if you have a knack for rhythm. If you can keep a beat even in 3/8 and the like, you can do drums. Remember, drums include a great deal of other rhythm instruments as well.



I started on piano, then played Trombone for school, then taught myself; clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, some flute. Now, I play tambourine and enjoy it, I actually learned the basics in choir when I was in 3rd grade for playing tambourine. (Taught my self guitar because I did the equivalent of 3 years of college music theory.)



So, pick what you will commit to practicing and HAVE FUN!
ya i would have to go with same as above. they shoud start u off with the basics though if u know nothing about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update