Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does anyone have a good solo suggestion?

Hi, I've been a violin student for 8 years going into my 9th and I need a good solo violin piece with an orchestra accompanyment. I have a good amount of time to work on the piece because the concert is in May. But I need to start right away to get it polished. My level I think is pretty high, I sit fourth chair in first violins of my middle school's advance orchestra. I've also made region orchestra before. I need a good piece that will sound great and some people say that I would do good with a romantic period piece but any suggestions you have I will consider. Please, I need suggestions.



Does anyone have a good solo suggestion?performing arts center



I highly doubt he or his orchestra could handle the Sibelius Concerto....



If I were you I would search websites like sharmusic.com , swstrings.com and sheetmusic.com for Violin Concertos. Many of them you can look through atleast the first page and then assess whether or not you would be able to play it. Also youtube.com will allow you to hear a concerto you are interested in, so that would be my advise.



Does anyone have a good solo suggestion?sunshine opera theaterCool good luck and have fun with it. Report It


maybe one of the Seitz concertos ... they are considered student concertos and there are 5 of them (hint the 1st one is the easiest)



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Seitz
1.okay, I know it has been done to death but Meditation from Thais by Massenet is VERY popular. Remember that many members of the audience may not have ever heard it before and many others would not have heard it played live.



2.also, any of the first or third movements from the great violin concertos



3.Zigeunerweisen/Gypsy Airs by Sarasate



That is a few suggestions
something by vivladi, i;m in orchestra too, 2nd violin but the leader does this massive solo during the whole 3 movements...and his solos (without anyone else playing) go for like 5-10 minutes



on the sheet music it doesn't have the exact opus and everything but it is by vivaldi and it;s in 3 movements...it sounds kinda rustic
Sibelius Violin Concerto?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update